CAS Consulting and Services, Inc. is seeking a Senior Drainage Engineer for immediate hire for our Austin, TX office. Qualified applicants should demonstrate an established career in water resources engineering specific to Central Texas municipalities, including the City of Austin and other local agencies.
As CAS’ Senior Water Resources Engineer, you will lead our Water Resources team and use your technical abilities for the planning, analysis, and design of projects for municipalities throughout Central Texas, including our markets in San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas. Ideal candidates should have hands-on experience with hydrologic and hydraulic/2D computer modeling, preparing design calculations, cost estimates, and construction drawings and specifications.
Responsibilities will include technical work and project management for stormwater and watershed management projects, stream restoration projects, and roadway drainage design projects. The candidate will establish the project sequencing, create the project WBS system, and perform overall project management (both technical and financial) through the project’s successful completion. The candidate will be responsible for coordinating multiple projects concurrently and must be able to work effectively with all project team members, including the client, sub consultants, and all levels of CAS staff. Other responsibilities include:
- Train and lead engineers and technical staff to ensure project goals are met on time and within allocated resources
- Coordinating design drawings with our CAD team
- Working with marketing team to pursue opportunities and clients, and prepare technical content for proposals and marketing materials
- Working with financial team for preparation of fee proposals; and project forecasting, reporting, and timely invoicing
- Regular project update meetings with team members
- Developing technical reports
- Light travel, mostly between Austin and San Antonio, for project needs as they arise
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or related field of study
- Minimum of 12 years of modeling and drainage design experience OR minimum of 10 years of modeling and drainage design experience if candidate holds a M.S.
- Licensed PE in the State of Texas for 5+ years
- Demonstrated leadership experience as a design engineering lead or as a project manager.
- Experience in the design and construction of storm drain improvement systems, including culverts and bridges and/or channel modifications
- Experience in the design and construction of stormwater treatment facilities, including treatment of runoff and water quality
- Familiar with FEMA Flood Insurance Mapping process and procedures
- Experience using various innovative technologies to solve flood, erosion, and water quality issues
- Experience using 2D computer models to assess flood conditions and propose mitigation measures
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a project team to take a project from start to successful completion
- TxDOT Pre-certification (highly preferred)
- Local project experience with City of Austin, Travis County, Bexar County, City of San Antonio, SAWS, San Antonio River Authority and surrounding municipalities and/or agencies (highly preferred)
WHAT CAS OFFERS:
When you join CAS, you will enjoy a collaborative and flexible work environment with a family-oriented work culture, focused on cultivating employee growth while delivering technical solutions that exceed client expectations. CAS offers a full range of benefits for our employees including a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, 401k, training opportunities, and an open collaborative work environment.
Our private headquarters building features amenities such as a gym and full-sized offices in a centralized Austin location, just 15 minutes from downtown and close to I-35 and SH-183. Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. CAS is committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified applicants and our employees.
We are a civil engineering, program management, and construction management firm headquartered in Austin with branches in San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, Corpus Christi, Atlanta, and San Francisco. For 19 years, CAS has been involved in the rehabilitation, expansion, and development of water and wastewater systems, watershed management, and transportation systems for major cities throughout the state of Texas.
We provide comprehensive planning, design, and program and construction management services for water treatment plants, wastewater treatment plants, distribution and collection systems, pump stations and lift stations, site development, floodplain mitigation, erosion control, water quality protection, local roads, city streets, highways, bridges, tunnels, and rail and mass transit systems. Our team emphasizes commitment to quality service, responsiveness and technical excellence for every project.