- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in civil engineering, environmental engineering,
architectural engineering or other engineering-related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of project design experience with an emphasis in drainage, stormwater management/best management practices, erosion and sediment control, and hydrologic and hydraulic analysis and design.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in civil engineering, environmental engineering, architectural engineering or other engineering-related fields.
- Professional Engineering license in the State of Texas.
Any experience with all of the following:
- Drawing software such as AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation, etc.
- Hydrologic/hydraulic modeling software.
- Project experience with Hydrology and Hydraulic (H&H) analysis and modeling.
- Design/report experience utilizing ArcGIS, AutoCAD Civil 3D, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, MicroStation and InfoWorks ICM.
- Excellent written and oral communication will be needed to coordinate with, and take a task leader role providing some guidance for, technical and non-technical staff.
- MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Self-motivated with the ability to successfully multi-task, perform detail-oriented work, work independently, and demonstrate effective time management skills.
MAJOR RESPOSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES
Works in a team environment with other project engineers on the detailed design of water, wastewater, and drainage design projects for local municipalities and governmental agencies; Responsible for stormwater management design, water quality, stormwater planning, and modeling projects; Responsible for GIS and mapping, data collection and management, research, report writing, and project coordination; Prepares calculations, reports, and design drawings; Performs research and modeling related to project design; Participates in field investigations and learn public works design; Completes routine design tasks including horizontal alignment and profile development for, drainage, development of Construction drawings, bid items, and quantities, and opinions of probable construction cost; Performs Hydraulic and Hydrologic (H&H) analysis (including frequency analysis) using HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, StormCAD, and InfoWorks ICM for urban flooding studies; Assists with the creation and submission of technical reports, specifications and calculations; Responsible for data management and processing using ESRI Arc GIS, SQL and Microsoft Access databases, Microsoft Excel. Most work is performed in the Austin/Central Texas area with occasional site visits and field work. A hybrid work environment allows a mixture of working in-office and working from home.
Some domestic travel required, approximately 5%.
Qualified applicants please submit resumes to email@example.com: Ref.PE2CAS
WHAT CAS OFFERS:
When you join CAS, you will enjoy a collaborative and flexible work environment with a family-oriented work culture, focused on cultivating employee growth while delivering technical solutions that exceed client expectations. CAS offers a full range of benefits for our employees, including a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible work hours, training opportunities, and an open and collaborative work environment. Our private headquarters building features amenities such as a gym and full-sized offices in a centralized Austin location, just 15 minutes from downtown and close to I-35 and SH-183. Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. CAS is committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified applicants and our employees.
We are a civil engineering, program management, and construction management firm headquartered in Austin with branches in San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, Corpus Christi, Atlanta, and San Francisco. For 20 years, CAS has been involved in the rehabilitation, expansion, and development of water and wastewater systems, watershed management, and transportation systems for major cities throughout the state of Texas. We provide comprehensive planning, design, and program and construction management services for water treatment plants, wastewater treatment plants, distribution and collection systems, pump stations and lift stations, site development, floodplain mitigation, erosion control, water quality protection, local roads, city streets, highways, bridges, tunnels, and rail and mass transit systems. Our team emphasizes a commitment to quality service, responsiveness, and technical excellence for every project.