CAS helps build local communities through innovation and sustainable practices in civil engineering, program management, and construction management. Our goal is to deliver solutions which exceed client expectations.
CAS was founded in 1999 to provide civil engineering services throughout the Austin area. Today, our company has expanded across Texas and the US to include offices in San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Corpus Christi, Atlanta and most recently, San Francisco.
For 19 years, CAS has been involved in the rehabilitation, expansion, and development of water and wastewater systems, watershed management, and transportation systems for major cities throughout the state of Texas.
We provide comprehensive planning, design, and program and construction management services
for water treatment plants, wastewater treatment plants, distribution and collection systems, pump stations and lift stations, site development, floodplain mitigation, erosion control, water quality protection, local roads, city streets, highways, bridges, tunnels, and rail and mass transit systems.
Our goal is to cultivate employee growth while delivering solutions which exceed client expectations. The major strength of CAS lies in the technical expertise of its management and professional staff. Our team emphasizes commitment to quality service, responsiveness and technical excellence for every project. We offer customized client services to solve project challenges efficiently and within allocated resources.
CAS’ focus is the public-sector market including municipalities, state and federal agencies as well as some public-private partnerships. We have worked as a prime engineering firm numerous City of Austin projects including the Austin Clean Water Program, South IH-35 Program, Jollyville Water Transmission Main, Waller Creek Tunnel, and Williamson Creek Tunnel.
Other organizations that we have worked for include the Travis County, Capital Metropolitan Transit Authority, Texas Turnpike Authority, Lower Colorado River Authority, Bexar County, City of San Antonio, San Antonio Water System, San Antonio River Authority, Tarrant Regional Water District, Dallas Water Utility, City of Houston, City of Atlanta, as well as the federal government.
CAS and our engineering team has been proud to receive 11 awards for excellence in engineering and accomplishments as a small minority business.
- Huebner Creek Regional Stormwater Facility named 2018 American Public Works Association Environmental Project of the Year ($2 – 5 Million).
- Huebner Creek Regional Stormwater Facility named 2017 Texas Chapter American Public Works Association Environmental Project of the Year
- Henry Leighton named a 2015 ASCE Texas Professional Service Award Recipient
- Henry Leighton named American Society of Civil Engineers (Austin Chapter) Civil Engineer of the Year for 2013
- 2011 HUB Business of the Year by COMTO (Conference of Minority Transportation Officials)
- 2011 Small Business of the Year (Greater Dallas Asian American Chamber of Commerce)
- 2010 Small Business of the Year (City of Austin Department of Small & Minority Business Resources)
- 2009 Spirit of Texas Award Nominee from State of Texas Governor Rick Perry
- Austin Clean Water Program was recognized by the International Right of Way Association (IRWA) as one of the Top 10 North American Infrastructure projects of the past 75 years
- 2008 Outstanding Small Business Excellence Award from the Network of Asian American Organizations
- Mabel Davis Park Landfill Remediation project received the Texas Council of Engineering Companies 2007 Engineering Excellence Awards Silver Medal for outstanding contribution in the environmental category
CAS is founded in
CAS serves as a subconsultant on the Austin Clean Water Program from 2001-2009.
CAS selected as a prime consultant for the City of Austin’s 2006 Watershed Rotation List.
CORPUS CHRISTI branch opens.
Prime Consultant for City of Austin Gaston Lane.
Subconsultant for TxDOT’s SH-130 Toll Project.
SAN ANTONIO branch opens.
DALLAS branch opens.
Subconsultant for City of Austin’s Jollyville Water Transmission Main
Subconsultant for City of Austin’s South IH-35 W/WW Infrastructure Improvements Program
Subconsultant for City of Austin Water Treatment Plant No. 4 CMAR.
CAS becomes first minority firm to win a standalone project as a prime consultant with the City of Austin for the Airport & Chesterfield W/WW Improvements project.
Selected as prime consultant for SAWS Western Extension B project.
Selected as Prime Consultant for City of Austin’s Pipeline Rotation List.
Selected as Prime Consultant for City of Austin’s 2010 Watershed Rotation List.
Begin work as subconsultant on City of Austin’s Waller Creek Tunnel Project.
HOUSTON branch opens.
CAS begins design work as a subconsultant for TRWD’s Integrated Pipeline Project Segments 12/13/14.
Selected as Prime Consultant for Bexar County’s Huebner Creek Regional Stormwater Facility at Prue Road.
Selected as Prime Consultant for City of San Antonio’s Menger Creek Drainage Improvements.
Henry Leighton named ASCE Texas Chapter 2013 Civil Engineer of the Year.
CAS begins design work for drainage and W/WW relocation as a subconsultant for TxDOT/COA SH-71 Toll Lanes Project.
Begin CM Services work as prime consultant for TRWD’s Integrated Pipeline Project.
Selected as Prime Consultant for City of Austin’s 2015 Watershed Engineering Flood Mitigation Rotation List.
ATLANTA branch opens.
Subconsultant for City of Atlanta Phase I Water Supply Project.
Selected as Prime Consultant for City of Austin’s 2016 Large Scale Civil Rotation List.
CAS selected as Prime Consultant for City of Austin’s Williamson Creek Wastewater Interceptor.
Selected as Prime Consultant for City of Austin’s 2017 Large Diameter Pipeline Engineering Rotation List.
CAS-SFO, INC. opens in San Francisco, California.
Subconsultant for City of San Francisco Southeast Water Pollution Control Plant Biosolids Digester Facilities Project.
Subconsultant for AISD 2017 Bond Program Management.
Subconsultant for City of Austin 2018 Corridor Improvement Program
CAS begins design of Williamson Creek Wastewater Interceptor
$45M Construction Est.
CAS selected as prime firm for the feasibility study and 30% design of SAWS W-6 tunnel project in San Antonio.
CAS Prime Wins
- 2019 Large Scale W/WW Facilities Rotation List – $3M (Fee)
- Oltorf Reclaimed Water Main Phase I – Approx. $3.7M Construction Value
- Watershed Solutions JV (CAS and Miller Gray) awarded 2019 Watershed Protection Flood Risk Reduction Rotation List – $4M (Fee)
- 2019 Large Diameter Water and Wastewater Pipeline Engineering Rotation List – $1.4M (Fee)
- 2020 Large Scale General Civil Engineering Services Rotation List – $800K (Fee)
- Construction Management Service for the W-6 Upper Segment: Highway 90 to SW Military Drive Sewer Main Project – $200M Construction Value
CAS Prime Wins
- Travis Heights Reclaimed Water Main – $750K (Fee)
CAS Subconsultant Wins
- AECOM awarded Walnut Creek WWTP Expansion to 100 MGD – $66M
- HDR awarded ASR Pilot Project
236210 – Industrial Building Construction
237110 – Water and Sewer Line and Related Structures Construction Management
237310 – Highway, Street and Bridge Construction Management
237990 – Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction
238910 – Site Preparation Contractors
541330 – Engineering Services
541620 – Environmental Consulting Services
TXDOT PRE–CERTIFICATION CATEGORIES
2.5.1 Water Pollution Abatement Plan
4.1.1 Minor Roadway Design
4.2.1 Major Roadway Design
5.1.1 Minor Bridge Design
Traffic Operations Design
8.5.1 Highway-Rail Grade Crossings
CITY, STATE AND FEDERAL CERTIFICATIONS
- Small Business Administration (SBA) firm
- State of Texas Historically Underutilized Business (HUB)
- North Central Texas Regional Certificaiton Agency (NCTRCA) – MBE
- South Central Texas Regional Certification Agency (SCTRCA) – MBE, SBE, ABE
- City of Austin – MBE, DBE
- City of Houston – MBE
- City of Atlanta – MBE
- Georgia Department of Transportation – DBE
Bicycle & Pedestrian Facilities
9.1.1 Bicycle & Pedestrian Facility Development
Hydraulic Design and Analysis
10.1.1 Hydrologic Studies
10.2.1 Basic Hydraulic Design
10.3.1 Complex Hydraulic Design
11.1.1 Roadway Construction Management and Inspection