Our highly-driven and experienced Water Services Practice is looking for a technically competent, experienced Project Manager with proven leadership skills in developing relationships, growing business, and successfully managing all aspects of a team and project. This is an immediate-hire position.
Qualified applicants should demonstrate an established career in water/wastewater engineering specific to Central Texas municipalities, including the City of Austin and other local agencies. As CAS’ Water/Wastewater Engineer, you will be a subject matter expert in water and wastewater system and treatment plant evaluation, design, rehabilitation and expansion, and master planning. You will use your technical abilities to plan, analyze, and design projects for municipalities throughout Central Texas, including our markets in San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas. Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the design of water and wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, lift stations, pipelines and force mains, water supply systems, and solids handling facilities.
- Responsible for managing the financial aspects of assigned engineering projects, coordinating and adjusting the work effort within the project team to ensure project work is completed on schedule and within the allocated budget. Direct and oversee budget and design, provide QA/QC, track workload, invoice projects, lead client contact, and oversee project status report reviews.
- Able to manage projects, starting with the development of the initial project design concept, development of a project plan (including identification of staffing requirements and preparation of project schedule), execution of project design (management of resources within constraints of project budget and schedule), and culminating with the management of bid and construction phase services support.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects and clients.
- Effectively convey work product and project results in technical documents, interviews, and oral presentations.
- Play a key role in new business development, including establishing new business development relationships, following through on leads, preparing SOQ’s, maintaining and building existing client relationships, and preparing formal project proposals.
- Coordinating design drawings with our CAD team
- Work with financial team for preparation of fee proposals; and project forecasting, reporting, and timely invoicing
- Maintain regular and constructive communication with clientele and project team members, including regular project meetings.
- Develop technical reports
- Light travel, mostly between Austin and San Antonio, for project needs as they arise
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or related field of study from an ABET-accredited program
- Minimum 10 years of similar technical experience with no less than 3 years’ experience in project management/team leadership
- Licensed PE in the State of Texas for 5+ years
- Strong understanding of the most current water and wastewater regulations
- Experience and interest in publishing technical papers
- Experience and interest in pursuing leadership opportunities within professional associations
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
WHAT CAS OFFERS:
When you join CAS, you will enjoy a collaborative and flexible work environment with a family-oriented work culture, focused on cultivating employee growth while delivering technical solutions that exceed client expectations. CAS offers a full range of benefits for our employees, including a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible work hours, training opportunities, and an open and collaborative work environment. Our private headquarters building features amenities such as a gym and full-sized offices in a centralized Austin location, just 15 minutes from downtown and close to I-35 and SH-183. Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. CAS is committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified applicants and our employees.
We are a civil engineering, program management, and construction management firm headquartered in Austin with branches in San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, Corpus Christi, Atlanta, and San Francisco. For 20 years, CAS has been involved in the rehabilitation, expansion, and development of water and wastewater systems, watershed management, and transportation systems for major cities throughout the state of Texas. We provide comprehensive planning, design, and program and construction management services for water treatment plants, wastewater treatment plants, distribution and collection systems, pump stations and lift stations, site development, floodplain mitigation, erosion control, water quality protection, local roads, city streets, highways, bridges, tunnels, and rail and mass transit systems. Our team emphasizes a commitment to quality service, responsiveness, and technical excellence for every project.